Publications Related to NDACAN Datasets and to Secondary Research
child abuse and neglect Digital Library
canDL is a database of references related to NDACAN datasets and to secondary research. It is maintained as a publically accessible RefShare database. The search forms on this page will display results in a new browser window.
Use canDL to
- Look for published research related to a dataset.
- View full-text of many articles. The availability of full-text for some articles on our site is based upon the journal subscriptions of your university, business, or organization.
- Look for articles about statistical methods or secondary research.
- Look up topics of particular interest (for instance, Alternative Response)
- Create your own collection of references using the My List feature.
- Print a bibliography of select references in APA, AMA, or Annotated APA style.
- Export a list of references to your own citation management software (RefWorks, EndNote, etc.) Note that the bibliographic output from this database will require proofreading and formatting. If you notice errors in your output, please email canDL Support.
- Keep up-to-date on new publications by using the RSS feed. From the RefShare database of interest, click on the RSS button and follow instructions to subscribe. Your RSS reader will alert you when new publications are added.
To search canDL
Click on the link to a particular folder or topic below OR
Use the search box at the top of this page to do a quick search for a keyword present anywhere in the record OR
Click on the link to canDL and search from the RefShare interface.
Advanced searching options are available from the Search pull-down menu.
Additional (separate) databases
- Alternative/Differential Response Collection
- Search the Alternative/Differential Response Collection
- Secondary Analysis, Data Sharing and Documentation Collection
- Search the Secondary Analysis, Data Sharing and Documentation Collection
Current subsets of canDL by dataset (All of the citations found in these subsets can also be found in the canDL)
- AFCARS Publications
- NCANDS Publications
- 081 Saywitz Publications
- LONGSCAN Publications
- 083 English Publications
- NSCAW All Publications
- 084 Baird Publications
- NSCAW I Publications
- 085 Parenting Publications
- NSCAW II Publications
- 088 Poole Publications
- NIS Publications
- 094 Korbin Publications
- NYTD Publications
- 052 NIS-1 Publications
- 096 Cicchetti Publications
- 051 NIS-2 Publications
- 100 Chaffin Publications
- 070 NIS-3 Publications
- 106 Gallup Poll Child Abuse Study Publications
- 147 NIS-4 Publications
- 107 English 2004 Publications
- 074 RHYMIS Publ-ications
- 110 Cicchetti long pathways Publications
- 050 Substantiation Publications
- 112 Salzinger SocRPAS Publications
- 054 LATIMES Publications
- 116 Jonson-Reid Publications
- 055 NFVS85 Publications
- 117 Salzinger Soccog Publications
- 057 YIF Publications
- 122 Urban Institute Publications
- 059 COMPSTUD Publications
- 125 State Context Publications
- 060 NFVS76 Publications
- 126 Developmental Victimization Survey Publications
- 066 Gaudin Publications
- 133 Mental Health Service Use Of Youth Leaving Foster Care (2001-2003)
- 134 YISS-1 Publications
- 067 Risk Publications
- 068 DisabilitySubst Publications
- 135 N-JOV Publications
- 069 Zuravin Publications
- 140 Borkowski Publications
- 071 NSPPRS Publications
- 159 YISS-2 Publications
- 072 NYVPS Publications
- 161 NORC Foster Care Study
- 079 Current & Former Foster Parents Publications
- 162 NJOV-2 Publications
Descriptions of each dataset can be found on the Datasets page.
Please Contribute Citations to canDL
This database is an actively changing resource for the child maltreatment research community. We will be progressively adding citations. If you notice any absent citations that you feel should be included, please email them to NDACAN. We appreciate your contribution to our effort.
Email NDACAN Support with any questions.
Also, RefWorks and RefShare offer help pages and multiple tutorial sessions. Click on the Help menu from the RefShare page.